Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kale Chips


I joined a local CSA this year and I noticed that one of the crops that I will be receiving a share of is kale. I don't think I have ever eaten kale and I know I have never cooked with it so I have been looking for different ways of preparing it. I have been seeing lots of references to kale chips on several blogs lately so I decided to give them a whirl. They are super easy to make and kale is supposed to be really good for you. Mine are sprinkled with a little sea salt and garlic powder. I have to say they are pretty interesting. They were pretty good and since salty, crunchy things are usually my snack of choice, I think these will work for me. Samantha was here last night and she really liked them. She started eating the kale as soon as I washed it and wasn't sure she liked it or not but she ate a ton of the chips. I thought it was pretty funny she finished eating all the chips in her bowl except two. When her mom got her to pick her up she brought the chips out and gave one to her mom to try and ate the last one herself. Since I have been eliminating processed food so has enjoyed seeing what healthy snacks I can come up with. I have a little gadget that makes potato chips in the microwave and she really loves those.

I lost .6 lbs this week. Not as good a number as I would like to have seen, but it was still some weight loss so I am happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.