Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fresh Ingredients


It's been a couple of months since I started paying more attention to the food that I put into my body and trying to eliminate most of the processed food from my diet. Eating out is not happening as often either. I have enjoyed cooking and did cook most nights. We still ate out 2-3 times a week though. Now, we might eat one lunch out every other week or so and maybe one dinner in that same time period. Those nights I would cook, I would alternate between cooking something from scratch and boxed or packaged meals. Now nothing really comes from a box and I am making leftovers or freezing things for those times when I need a convenience meal.

One thing I have noticed is that I almost never cook a meal with out using my cutting board. Almost every night I see this gorgeous array of natural colors. I have also started using some ingredients that I have never used before like the fennel in the picture above. I have used fennel seed lots of time but I have never used a fresh bulb of fennel. Another thing I have been learning to cook is lamb and those veggies about went into the lamb stew I made last week.

Weight update: last week I lost 1.8 pounds which officially puts me over 25 lbs lost and well on my way to 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.