Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday

I started adding in some exercise along with my healthy eating. Starting out a little slow but I figure anything is better than nothing. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with some spinach and mushrooms, whole wheat toast, 1 tsp. smart balance, 4 oz orange juice (when I scramble eggs, I use 2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk)
Snack: Strawberry Yogurt
Lunch: tuna salad sandwich 
(3 oz tuna, 1 tbs lite mayo, 1 tsp mustard, a little pickle and a little ontion)
Small salad with 1 tbs lite ranch dressing
Snack: Small apple sliced, 1 tbs peanut butter
Dinner: 1/2 Wendy's BLT Cobb salad, small chili
Dessert": 1/2 cup Peppermint ice cream

We eat out on Wednesday nights before church and usually we eat at Wendy's. I like their salads, they are always fresh and I have the option of eating chili or a potato and don't blow my calories out of the water. I also like that they are listed on my Lose It! app on my phone which makes it easier to keep up with my calories too. 

Here s what today's meals consisted of:

Breakfast: oatmeal with 1/4 cup dried mixed berries, 4 oz orange juice
Snack: Laughing Cow cheese wedges (lite) and 2 Wasa mulitgrain crackers
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich (turkey, whole wheat bread, lettuce, mustard, slice of cheese) 
carrot sticks
Snack: small orange, 1/4 cup peanuts
Dinner: Herb Crusted Salmon, green beans, small salad

I mentioned that my goal wasn't to just lose weight, that I wanted to be healthier too. I didn't mention what a couple of those benchmarks would be. One thing I would like to see happen is for my doctor to take me off of blood pressure medication. Another thing I would like to happen before the end of the year is that I would like to be able to participate in a 5K race. I have always wanted to run in a marathon or something like that. I am not even sure that I would be able to do even a 5 K with my back, I am not sure I have the endurance for that. Hopefully by losing some weight, exercising on a regular basis and strengthening my core muscles I can relieve some of the pain and build my endurance. Even if i have to do a walk/run and even if I have to use my cane, I want to participate in at least one 5K run before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.