Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ahh, the weekend

Weekends are hard for me to keep from snacking. I find that I do better if I stick to scheduled times for eating and since I am not at work and my days aren't as defined by having to be somewhere, I tend to get off my schedule. I have done pretty good today though. I also walked on the treadmill for quite a while. I am actually proud that I walked for 30 minutes. I also included a couple of 30-45 second bursts of running. When some stuff got moved a couple of months ago, the treadmill got piled up and I just got it cleaned off and useable again. Usually when I start walking after such a long break, it takes me a few days to work up to 30 minutes. Since one of my goals this year is to participate in a 5K, I was going to try and see how long it would take me to walk it on the treadmill. Let's just say I am not there yet. I am happy that I did log in the 30 minutes though. I think I am going to start keeping up with how many miles I walk each week. Just because that is one of those weird things I would enjoy keeping up with!

Here is what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with Smart Balance spread.  (382 calories)
Snack: Mozzarella string cheese stick (80 calories)
Lunch: BBQ Lentils with rice (385 calories)
Snack: Homemade Hummus and carrot sticks (143 calories)
Dinner: Chicken breast, green beans and corn (300 calories)
Snack: Popcorn (200 calories)

I had the munchies last night so I ended up eating another snack between dinner and bed. I think part of the problem was that I ate dinner about an hour early so I was still a little hungry. Here is todays eating plan:

Breakfast: eggs scrambled with basil, spinach and mushrooms, 2 slices of bacon, 1/2 grapefruit  (236 calories)
Snack: Homemade hummus, carrot sticks (143 calories)
Lunch: 4 oz. of ground turkey (burger) on whole wheat bread with lettuce and slice of swiss cheese (373 calories)
Dinner: 5 oz pork tenderloin, sautéed mushrooms, peas and small salad with homemade shallot vinegrette dressing ( 526 calories)

I am trying something to see if it works too. I have been reading how "fake" foods are one of the things being attributed to the obesity epidemic. That often the original thing is more satisfying so our hunger is met and cravings are reduced. Things that are low fat or substitutes for other things are slowly going off my list. I do nothing fat free, but I will chose the lite option if the the calories and carbs are very close. The thing I am currently trying it on is bacon. I love bacon. I had been eating turkey bacon which is okay, but I still wanted real bacon. The calories are very close in the brand I was buying vs. the bacon I bought last week, so I thought I would give it a try. I guess I will be able to tell when I weigh in on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.