Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow Day Breakfast

 I woke up here in Nashville to ice and cold weather. And there is something about seeing all that white stuff that makes me want a nice hearty breakfast. Normally breakfast for me is pretty simple and easy to cook, but this morning I decided to be a little more adventurous and do something a little more labor intensive. 


I started with some potatoes and onions, diced in small pieces so they would cook a little faster. 



Then I chopped up some of the leftover sausage from last night's dinner. Since the sausage was already cooked, I waited to add it until the potatoes were already starting to brown. 





While I was waiting for the sausage to warm up and the potatoes, I cooked a couple of over easy eggs, making sure the yolks stayed nice and runny. To assemble my breakfast, I scooped some of the potato/sausage mixture into a bowl and topped with my eggs.



Breakfast is served!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.