Friday, March 21, 2014

Homemade Cleaner


This post is for a general cleaner I use around the house, but it also works with the no waste tips from yesterday. I love the smell of citrus and used to always buy those scents when I was buying cleaners for around the house. When I eat an orange, I save the peels, put them in a glass jar and cover with vinegar. I let it sit in a cool, dark place for a couple of weeks and then strain the vinegar into a clean jar. To use the cleaner, I dilute the orange infused vinegar solution half and half with water and pour into a clean spray bottle. Works great around the kitchen and smells okay too. I am used to using vinegar to clean so the vinegar smell doesn't bother me that much and it dissipates pretty quickly.

One word of warning though. If you leave the jar of the undiluted solution on your kitchen counter, someone might ask about the very large urine sample on the counter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.