Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bountiful Basket and Meal Plan


Yippee, it is a Bountiful Basket week! This week in addition the the regular basket, I also got a picnic pack. When I get home each week, I take the time to sit down and plan my meals for the coming week. I find that if I do that, I make sure that every thing gets used and I don't find any unused food that gets forgotten and ends up in the compost bin. 

Here is how I will be using my basket this week:

Romaine and iceberg lettuce will both be used in salads and on sandwiches.
Asparagus will be steamed and served as a side dish.
Celery will be frozen for use in stock.
Bananas, apples, grapes and some of the berries will be eaten as is or in smoothies or mixed in yogurt.
Tomatoes will be used in salads and on sandwiches,
Squash will be in grilled veggie burritos.
Orange bell peppers will be in the veggie burritos, salads and some sliced for snacking.
Broccoli will be chopped for salads and steamed as a side.
Onions are used in cooking throughout the week.
Red Potatoes will be a potato dill salad on burger night.
Red Onion will be in salads and on BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Cabbage will be some type of slaw.
Watermelon will be sliced and devoured!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.