Monday, June 23, 2014

Blue Cheese Compound Butter

I went through a phase for a while where I made a lot of different compound butters and kept them in the freezer. Then for some reason, I stopped. This is my favorite, because I love blue cheese. I love to slice this on top of a steak that just came off the grill or added to grilled corn on the cob.


I start with 1 cup of softened butter, 2 tablespoons of chives, 1 tablespoon of parsley, 2-3 teaspoons of coarse ground pepper and 4 oz of crumbled cheese.




Mix all ingredients in a bowl. 

After everything has been mixed, pour the mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper.





Using the wax paper, I work the butter mixture into a log and then place it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. After it starts to harden, I pull it back out and wrap a little more wax paper around it and then place it in a freezer bag, rolled to get out as much air as possible,




This also makes a great topper for a Blue Cheese Burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.