Monday, June 16, 2014

Bountiful Basket and Weekly Menu



This is my basket that I got this week. In addition to the basic basket I also gout and Italian pack. This is pretty much all the produce I will use for the week, I love the variety, just enough of everything to make a meal and not so much that we end up eating the same thing for a week straight.

As soon as I get home with my basket, I make my meal plan for the coming week to incorporate everything so that nothing gets forgotten and wasted. I typically plan five dinners for each week, and that leaves room for a leftover night, eating out or at a friend's, or an I-am-going-to-eat-popcorn-for dinner-because-Kip-is-working-late. I also have pantry staples that I can whip up a quick meal if I need another meal. Most weeks, I also plan one dessert.

This week's menu includes:

Salmon Patties, mashed potatoes, salad

Mushroom and Swiss burgers, grilled veggie kabobs, homemade potato chips

Ginger pork, rice, broccoli

Tuscan soup, rosemary bread

Grilled steak, baked potato, salad, green beans


Since yesterday was Father's Day I cooked dinner for Kip's family, making some of his Dad's favorite dishes. We had BBQ pork sandwiches topped with hot slaw, macaroni salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and jalapeno cornbread. For dessert I made banana pudding. He was one happy Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.