Thursday, June 5, 2014

Salad Bar at Home



I love going to a good salad bar. There are so many things that you can add, and I love all the variety that they offer. There aren't that many places around me that have one, and since we don't eat out as much as we used to I decided to make one at home. No real rules here, I just chop up whatever veggies I have on hand and set them all out. It is a great way to use up left over veggies or meats too. 

I bought those containers at the Dollar General a couple of summers ago and I love them. Each of the sections come out so that I can condense them as they empty. In the summer, I eat salads for lunch most days and I can keep veggies chopped and ready for a quick lunch. I am hoping they have these again this summer because I would love to have a couple of more for fruits.

I know I eat more veggies if I don't have to take the time to cut them for every meal. 

A couple of times a month, I try and plan a night of assemble your own meals. I still do all the prep, but then whoever is here can make their dinner to suite their own taste. I do Taco night, sandwich night, build a pizza night, a potato bar, and a nacho bar. I would love more ideas if you do this sort of thing at your house!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.