Monday, April 28, 2014

Garlic Rosemary Focaccia

I enjoy baking breads, and even more than baking it, I love to eat a good bread. A couple of years ago, Kip gave me an Artisan Bread class for my Christmas gift. Even though I have been baking bread for a long time, I learned a lot in that class. One of the breads we made was a Garlic Rosemary Focaccia bread. I made this for dinner the other night along with a pot of Egyptian Lentil soup.

Getting ready to mix my dough! I used regular olive oil for the dough, but reserved the rosemary infused oil for the last step.




I love the smells from making bread and it starts at the very beginning when I proof my yeast.




After the dough was mixed, I set it aside to rise.




After the first rise, I kneaded the dough, adding in about a tablespoon of rosemary.




Second rise:




This is when I used the rosemary infused olive oil, just before baking. I also sprinkled a little more rosemary and some minced garlic.




And fresh from the oven:




I like this recipe for the Garlic Rosemary Focaccia. As great as any homemade bread smells when it is baking, the rosemary in this bread makes the house smell fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.