Monday, April 7, 2014

Bountiful Basket and plans



This is what was in my Bountiful Basket this week. I usually try and pick out my favorite basket item, but this week that was too hard! I love cucumbers and carrots, and those little pepper make a great snack, I think those gorgeous artichokes might slightly edge out the others by just a bit. All I know is that we will be eating good at my house this week. 

How will I use these items in my meal plan for this week?

Artichokes: will be steamed and served with a garlic butter sauce as a side dish
Carrots, Cucumbers, Lettuce, and some of the Onions will be used in salads
Broccoli, some of the Carrots and the rest of the onions will be used in a Stir Fried Rice one night
Cauliflower will be eaten raw with hummus or some ranch dip
Sweet Mini Peppers will be used in salads, but I love these raw with hummus
Pears will be used in a Pear, Walnut Gorgonzola salad 
The melon, apples, bananas and the rest of the pears will be eaten as is with breakfast or lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.