Friday, June 14, 2013

CSA Share



This is my CSA box for this week. I was so excited to see more peas, they were so good last week. And I really got excited when I got down into the box and saw the cucumbers. Nothing in the store can touch a home grown tomato or a cucumber. This week's box contained salad greens, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, lots of squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, peas, and zucchini. 

We have already gotten a couple of tomatoes over the past couple of weeks and to me, a ripe, home grown tomato is the sign of summer and all the delicious things that can be found in abundance from local gardens. That first tomato though, there is nothing like it. I made Greek Chicken, pitas and hummus for dinner one night last week. I had my pita stuffed with some chicken and hummus, and lettuce and tomato from the CSA. Biting into that tomato, the flavor of summer just danced on my tongue. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.