Monday, April 29, 2013

Greek Chicken Lunch




Good Morning! I have a recipe and a lunch to share with you today. I have never been a huge sandwich fan so packing my lunch takes a little more though. Normally leftovers get reworked or packed directly into the next day's lunch. After we finish eating dinner, I go ahead and pack the leftovers in lunch containers. I am not a morning person and if I had to rely on getting my lunch packed before lunch it would never happen. Today's lunch is a dinner repeat: Greek Chicken, pita bread with some tomatoes and a cucumber ranch dressing, hummus and veggies for dipping. 



I am still looking for the perfect pita recipe, these were good, but I have made better. The cucumber ranch was family simple, I made a cucumber sauce, thought it was a little bland so I added some of the seasonings that I use to make ranch dressing.

Greek Chicken

Chicken breast, sliced very thin

1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon mint
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
juice from 2 lemons (or about 1/4 cup lemon juice)

Mix all ingredients in a large zipper bag. Press air out of the bag and squeeze until chicken is well coated. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour up to 24 hours.

Cook in grill pan until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.