Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Apple Recipes



A couple of weeks ago, I got an unexpected call from my mother-in-law asking me if I would be interested in a box of apples that someone had given her. She took a few of the apples home with her, but the majority of the box she gave to me. I had already canned all of the apple pie filling, applesauce, apple syrup and dehydrated a bunch of apples too. I went searching for some new apple recipes and this is what I ended up making (l-r)

Maple Apple Jam
Red Hot Cinnamon Apples
Caramel Apple Jam
Lemon, Honey Apple Jam 
Canned, Sliced Apples

The apples were an unexpected gift and I was happy to get them. It was also nice to find some new apple recipes. I think all of these will be made again. We have already been enjoying the apple slices, and here is one of the ways I prepare them:

Warm Spiced Apples

1 pint of canned apple slices, drained
2 tablespoons of butter
2-3 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg or allspice

Double all ingredients if you are using quarts.

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add drained apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar and spices and cooked until apples are heated through.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.