Friday, June 3, 2011

I Scream, You Scream....


We all scream for ICE CREAM!! Well I certainly do anyway. I love ice cream and frozen fruit bars. Love, love love them, more than almost any other foods. Especially as the weather gets warmer I find myself wanting them several times a day. Since I am making most everything else, I decided to give my own a try. I can control the ingredients and hopefully lower the calorie count. Even is the calories are the same, I know exactly what all went into them. Here are a couple of different ones I have made. I love this set most of all in part because of the cool design , but I really like that the base is bigger and easier to hold on to. If you know where I could find one of these, let me know because I would love to have another set. Any way, the one on the right is just watermelon juice with some watermelon chunks and the one on the left is a Chocolate/Peanut Butter/ Banana pop.

Last weekend we were in the mall which is a pretty rare occurrence for us. If we go to this particular mall I have to go and lust after all the things in the Williams-Sonoma store. I only enjoy shopping in three types of stores; book stores, craft stores and kitchen stores. So we are walking around and I am mentally finding homes in my kitchen for all these tools when I saw a Zoku frozen pop maker. This thing makes frozen pops in as few as 7 minutes! I think I am in love! It is like my ice cream maker, it has a base that can be kept in the freezer and then you can just pull it out and make pops in just minutes. Check out their website, their pops are so pretty. I keep telling myself that I really don't need another kitchen thing, but that one is pretty awesome and I think one needs to live at my house where it would gets lots of love and attention.


Frozen Chocolate/Peanut Butter/ Banana Treat
(makes 3-4, depending on the size of your tray)

1 Banana
2 tbs. peanut butter
2 tbs. chocolate syrup
1/4 cup chocolate almond milk

Puree all ingredients and pour into molds and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.