Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I did it

I joined the Y.

I have been talking about it for several weeks. I finally did it. I have a treadmill here at home and have been having success on my own but I wanted to be able to have some more variety and to have the option to be able to work out with weights or strength machines. It feel a little weird, thinking of joining a gym at my size and fitness level. It seems like a lot of effort to change clothes, drive there, park, get out, walk in and then to only be able to exercise for 15-20 minutes. I know that time will increase as will my endurance and stamina. I knew losing this weight would not be a quick thing. I am happy to be able to see progress in way other than the number that stares back at me on the scale. I know that I am eating healthier and 85-90% of my food choices are foods that contribute to a healthier me. Most of my clothes are baggy and so far I can wear almost all the clothes that were too tight or unwearable last year. I feel more energetic. I am continuing my journey to becoming a healthier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.