Thursday, June 23, 2011

Insanity??

I use an app on my iPhone called Lose It! that allows me to log all my food and exercise on the go. I love this app because I am a bit of a tech nerd and love little electronic gadgets of any kind. I have tried logging my food plenty of times but forget more often than not. I am never without my phone so I have no excuse to not log my food. Since I log more often I have become very aware of the calories I consume. A few months ago I discovered their website and the forums. I have made several friends on there and the encouragement is awesome! One of the forums had a topic challenging the participants to burn 4500 calories in exercise this week. This is where the insanity comes in, I decided to join that challenge!

I have been setting goals for myself in regard to how many times a week I will exercise and the duration of the exercise sessions. I never thought to challenge myself by calories burned. I am more than a little competitive so I knew I would kill myself to meet that 4500 calories. That challenge has made me get up and walk for a least a half hour before going to work every day. That challenge made me go for an extra 10-15 minutes on the elliptical machine this week. That challenge made me decide that after finishing my 45 minuted on the elliptical to get on the stationary bike for 15 minutes. I am on track to meet this goal and am actually starting to enjoy my workouts a little. Here are my totals so far this week (M-SU):
Monday: 770 calories
Tuesday: 803 calories
Wednesday: 1,148 calories
Thursday: 237 calories (Thurs are a rest day, I only do the morning walk)

Who would have thought I would be here enjoying exercising?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.