Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shrimp Mix


I made this for dinner one night and Kip ended up working late so he didn't have any that night. It wasn't until "leftover night" that he tried it. He told me later that it did not look appealing at all but he was willing to try some. He was surprised with how delicious it was. It was a throw together meal made up of ingredients that I had on hand. He has been a pretty good sport with all the food changed that have been going on here, he has even eaten lima beans and brussel sprouts. I have to admire his willingness to try all the new foods but especially the foods that he had previously decided he didn't like.

Shrimp Mix
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tbs. olive oil
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
2-3 cups fresh spinach
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
small bag of frozen corn, partially defrosted
1 bag frozen shrimp, defrosted, tails removed
1/3 cup mayo
1 tsp. dried dill
whole wheat pasta

Saute onions in olive oil about 5 minutes, add mushrooms and spinach and continue to saute until tender and spinach cooks down some. In the meantime, combine may and dill in a small bowl, set aside. Add artichokes and corn to the veggie mixture and cook until corn is heated though, add shrimp and cook until shrimp is warm. Remove from heat and stir in mayo/dill mixture. Serve with whole wheat pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.