Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dancing, A Goal Met, Update

First off, the good news, I lost another 1.6 lbs last week. I am starting to really notice a huge difference in the way I feel. Other people are starting to notice the weight loss too. That feels good. I wanted to be 30 lbs lighter on my birthday and I am on track to do that. Monday is my birthday and weigh in day and I plan on hitting that number. I am excited about that too.

Kip bought an Kinect for the XBox the other day. It's pretty interesting. In addition to the sports game that came with it he bought one of the dance games. Talk about fun! I NEVER dance in front of anyone, not EVER. But we both did the other night. He has been playing with it more than I have but it is just another way of getting in some activity so that all our exercise doesn't feel like work. On Sunday instead of sitting around and watching TV after dinner we got the random idea to go bowling instead. Of course I had my coupon but they have a Sunday night special that included shoe rental and three hours of bowling. I think we bowled 5 games. Since it was only the two of us it was a pretty quick turn around so we were moving pretty much constantly. We had already eaten dinner so we weren't tempted by all the deep fried snack bar food and we had a couple of hours of movement and FUN!

Another goal I have been working on is improving my overall fitness. I have been walking on the treadmill pretty regularly and have been gradually increasing my speed and the distance I am walking. I have finally worked up to the distance of a 5K (3.1 miles). Not only am I walking that much, but I am doing it in less than an hour. Slightly less, but still less than an hour. One of the goals for the year is to enter a 5K so I am pretty happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.