Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 6

Oops, I haven't been posting daily! However we are still following our healthy eating plan. We decided that if we are both off on Friday nights that we will have a dinner out. Kip decided that would be a good idea to give me a break from cooking so I don't get burned out from all the extra cooking that I have been doing. Last night we did go out and we ate at my favorite sushi restaurant. We had a nice meal and I think we did a good job of keeping our mind focused on what would be the healthier options. For example, no fried calamari for an appetizer, we had steamed edamame instead. One of our goals is to stop drinking sodas too, so we both stuck with water to drink.

This morning we knew that we would be making a trip to the grocery store so I had the list of what we needed already prepared,  and we took off for the store. Since we have found that eating healthier is costing us a little more money we decided to hit Aldi first to see if we could get the majority of what we needed there. It was worth it, we were able to save quite a bit over what we spent last week. Kip also likes shopping there because it is much quicker than in the regular store. There were a couple of things that I was not able to find there, but it was still worth the time and money that we were able to save. I honestly think Kip was more excited over the time savings than he was the money! Bless his heart, he almost always does the grocery shopping with me and I am not known for my fast shopping. I have to look at everything in the store.

As I made my list this week, I noted how much total I would need for several ingredients that could be prepped ahead of time. For instance, I know how many cups of chopped onions I will need for the entire week so I can do that all today instead of having to chop onions almost every day. I am hoping that that will cut down on the daily meal preparation time. 

As we finish our first week, I will sum it up by saying that I think we have done well. The first day or two was a little rough, but we are adjusting quickly. Both of us have seen some improvement on the scale. I will post our weight loss numbers on Monday which is our "official" weigh in day. Kip says he feels more alert. I have also cut my coffee consumption way back, I am not trying to stop drinking coffee, I was just drinking too much. I have not had any ill effects from that and am surprised I am alert as I have been with that going on. I think next week will be smoother as we are getting into a routine with packing our lunches and snacks and the goal is to add more movement. 

1 comment:

  1. eating healthy is harder...and more expensive...dh said he was sick of me cooking the same things all the time so I have been hitting the recipe books...pain in the bum if you ask me..lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.