Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 1

Day one started with the dreaded weighing in on the scales. Ugh. I knew I had gained some weight, but not quite that much. Today started the change though. I really don't believe it matters which diet program you follow as long as it is nutritionally balanced. What really matters is your mindset, your determination and your commitment to making a change.

In any healthy eating plan a certain amount of planning has to take place. If the meals are planned in advance, then it is much easier for me to decide to eat healthy. If it is getting late and I don't have anything planned, it is just too easy to go through a drive through or to eat a bag of microwave popcorn. I was so glad that we took the time after Kip got home from the grocery store to pack our lunches and snacks for today. That was a big time saver this morning. I was able to cook our breakfasts and still get out of the door on time. 

Another motivator for me is that I am trying to exercise and lose some weight to try and get my pain levels back in control. It has rained here every day for a week and that doesn't help anything, but today was a really bad day. My back has hurt all day. 

Since I was in pain, it was so nice to already have most of dinner taken care of. Kip is working tonight though, so I did tomorrow's prep work by myself. He has committed to helping with this but due to both of our work schedules, there are some days that most of it will fall on me and other days that the majority of the work will fall on him. We are a team and we will work through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.