Monday, February 2, 2015

Cooking with Samantha



Samantha and I have been cooking again! Since she has moved to middle school we haven't had as much time to cook together as we used to, but we are trying to get back into regular cooking sessions. I picked the meal this time and decided to go with a white veggie pizza. This is a pizza that I make frequently at home, but it was the first time making it with her. I knew she would love it because it had some of her favorite ingredients on it.  Next cooking session, Samantha will be in charge of the recipe, I can't wait to see what she picks.

White Veggie Pizza

(I call this a white veggie pizza because I start with a white sauce)

1 recipe pizza crust
Alfredo sauce
pesto sauce
1 large jar of artichoke quarters, roughly shopped
frozen spinach that has been defrosted and drained 
mushrooms 
mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Roll out pizza crust onto baking stone. Spread the Alfredo sauce over the surface of the crust. Add several tablespoons of the pesto and kind of swirl it in with the Alfredo sauce, not completely mixing. Add the mushrooms and artichokes and then the spinach. Top with mozzarella cheese and then about a quarter cup of the Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.