Friday, January 30, 2015

Spinach Strawberry Salad





Lunches around my house are almost always leftovers. Sometimes there is a little less left over than I would like, so I will include a salad. I easily get bored with food if I eat the same thing all the time. There will probably be at least 2, possibly 3 salads in lunches for a week. Instead of sending the same tossed salad with the same dressing, I try and make them all a little different. Doing that also helps me use all of the food that I have bought so that I have no waste. I had bought the spinach to use for a recipe and had about a third of a bag left and a few strawberries.

Spinach Strawberry Salad

fresh spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
sliced strawberries
sliced almonds

Balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Salad ingredients go into a bowl and I just made a quick dressing with the vinegar and oil. I love strawberries and balsamic vinegar together so I make the dressing kind of tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.