Friday, September 20, 2013

CSA Box



It has been a little cooler here these past few days, I am seeing pumpkins and mums at the Farmer's Markets, and I am seeing Pumpkin Spiced coffee everywhere! I know that fall is coming and it is my favorite time of the year. With the coming of fall, I also realize that my CSA season will be ending soon. It has been a great season and I will be a little sad when it ends. 

This week we received green beans, basil, tomatoes, apples, summer squash, onion, red onion, potatoes, tender greens, purple hull peas, bell peppers and a patty pan squash.

What dill you miss most about summer produce coming to end? Tomatoes would top my list, tomatoes and peaches. And strawberries and other fruits. I do miss all those things when they aren't in season, but hopefully I have preserved enough of the summer's bounty to last me through the winter months.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.