Monday, August 8, 2011

Lots and Lots of veggies


One of my favorite things to eat and cook right now is Chicken Fajitas. Samantha and Jenna were eating dinner over here the other night and Samantha was very excited that I had peppers in three different colors. She had to have samples of each of them and then more samples to determine which one she liked better. I think the yellow ones got her top vote! I also added chicken, some fajita seasoning and some lime juice to the mix and the served them with whole wheat tortillas, rice and sliced kiwi.

I am still doing good on my weight loss journey. I am now down about 44 pounds total. Exercise is going well and I have signed up to participate in my first 5K in a couple of weeks. I think I am ready for that challenge. This one was listed as a walk/run so I thought it would be a great one for my first one. I know that I can't run that entire distance yet, but I can finish.

I went shopping on Friday. All of my clothes are too big now. I do have a few things that I had saved that were too small but mostly everything is too big. It was a great shopping trip. I picked out smaller sizes of everything. And everything I tried on fit.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Gina. I too love making Chicken Fajitas too at the moment. They were a BIG hit with the kids last week. I do read your blog post, but rarely have time to comment. So you get my 1st comment of the only 2 I left tonight. Way to go on the 44 pounds. AWESOME and keep you all the amazing things you have been doing.

    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I am so proud of you! What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.