Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grilled Pizza


We decided to buy a grill while they were on sale for the Fourth of July. I have had gas grills in the past but have never cooked on a charcoal grill. I knew that the flavors could be better cooking this way so my vote was for charcoal and that is also what Kip preferred so that is that we ended up with. A decision that neither one of us has regretted either. We have grilled most of our meals since getting it too. I have been seeing lots of grilled pizzas in magazines and online so when I got fresh basil in my CSA basket I knew I wanted to try making a classic Margherita pizza. I made a pizza crust the way I normally do, rolled it out and then threw it on the grill. I was surprised at how quickly it cooked. But man oh man that was the best my pizza crust has ever tasted. With all fresh ingredients this pizza was simply delicious and will definitely be a repeat!

Two more days until the 5K!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.