Friday, November 5, 2010

Grateful

This is a project that I made for Shirley's 2 Girls' Thankful Blog Hop this week. In making this I was specifically thinking of the son of a friend of mine that recently graduated from Marine Boot Camp. Today I am grateful for those men and woman that choose to put on a uniform and to all that ones that have worn our country's colors in times past. Thinking again of my friends son, seeing him so proudly wearing that uniform brought a tear to my eye. I have know this little boy since he was about eight years old. First of all, it's hard to believe that he is even old enough to be wearing a uniform! It made me think of what all he chose to give up. For me, for you and for our country. So today I am grateful for all the young people like Gray that choose to protect our country and all the sacrifices that they make on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.