Monday, November 8, 2010

Frugal Laugh

At work today, I was in a meeting with a salesman and a co-worker. He had brought me a bunch of samples of some new packaging material and stuck them in the first thing he found to carry them in which was a five gallon bucket with a lid. He made a joke about the "fancy carrier" he brought them in and I said "oh I love it, it's perfect for making detergent in". Dead silence from both of them. Not only the silence, but they both looked at me like I was more than a little crazy. This is a salesman that I have worked with for a while and we have a similar sense of humor, and that is the first time I have seen him speechless. Finally he said "wow, that's country". I just laughed and said no, it was just cheap! I knew it was a lot cheaper to make than to buy, but I wasn't sure of the exact savings. I figure it costs me around .04 per load to make detergent and between .12 and .35 per load to use detergent that is already made. That extra money? It allows us to take more weekend trips through out the year. If you are interested in the recipe, let me know in the comment section and I will send it to you.

On the weight loss: I am still kind of stuck at about the same point. Not gaining, but not losing either. I had to go and buy an outfit for a wedding we attended this weekend and was able to buy a smaller size pants. That felt good. I am also having to wear a belt with most all of my jeans now. I hate wearing a belt, but am a little happy that I need to. We were out of town all weekend so that means I ate out a lot, but didn't do too terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.