Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Motivator

One more reason that I have made the decision to try and get healthy is the fact that my blood pressure is gotten very high. My cat bit me a couple of weeks ago and I went to a walk in clinic to have it looked at and to see if I needed and antibiotic or anything since it was red and swollen. My blood pressure was so high that they would not treat me and I was advised to go straight to the E.R. Kip and I had already been talking about making changes and we had actually started a couple of days before that, but I hadn't seen any weight loss yet. (BTW, I am under the care of my regular doctor.)

What a slap in the face. Not that they wouldn't treat me, but that I had allowed me health to get so far away from me. But like I said, we had already discussed making changes and had already started putting them into place. Today, it hit home even harder when I got a phone call from my Mother. She was at the hospital with her younger brother. He had a stroke. His blood pressure, according to my mom, was sky high. He is stable, and they are thinking it was a mild one. He was in a room waiting to see a neurologist. What a reminder of where I could be if I don't keep up with the changes and do get healthy. So if you are the praying type, please keep my uncle in your prayers. 

I went to the grocery store today. Of course I sat down first and planned our meals for the week and then made my grocery list from there. Lost of fresh fruits and veggies on that list! So it is harder to make coupons work for us. It is getting a little easier to cut costs eating healthy since I am making out meal plans and I am trying to incorporate the fruits and veggies that are in season. Of course I do find it easier this time of year since I do enjoy fresh veggies, you know when tomatoes actually taste like tomatoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.