Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Truth Learned

I am watching the Biggest Loser right now. They had Jillian try and eat a typical meal that one of the teams would have eaten before coming to the ranch. Everything was very processed, fried and no fresh ingredients. Of course in typical Jillian style she said all that much more colorfully than I did, but she kept saying that wasn't food, basically it was junk. Over the past couple of months that is one thing that Kip and I have learned as we have changed our eating habits. I know that they better choices I made with the foods that we eat and prepare, the better I felt.  It isn't an amazing, after one day transformation, but after a couple of weeks we both noticed more energy and being more alert. Add that in with losing weight and feeling better from that and it is easier to make better choices. 

Speaking o making better choices: I had a friend that I haven't seen in a while get in touch and we agreed to meet at Starbucks this afternoon. I chose to pass up the sweets and left that lemon pound cake alone!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.