Monday, February 13, 2017

Chicken Teriyaki over Rice



It has been a while since I have posted here, but I've missed it, so I am back! 

Tonight for dinner we had Chicken Teriyaki served over rice. When we started trying to eat healthier a couple of years ago, we decided to stop eating out so much. One of the first things that I did was to start looking for recipes that were similar to foods that we like to eat when we do go out. Some of the recipes found were okay, but needed to be tweaked here and there to meet the taste that we preferred. I do still enjoy the occasional Chinese delivery, but now if we are craving something specific I am more likely to prepare it at home rather than having it delivered. 

For this dish, I took a couple of chicken breasts and cubed them. The pieces were then cooked until browned and then I poured the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and let it simmer for a few minutes and then added the cornstarch/water combination. Chicken and sauce simmered until it was just thickened and then served over rice. Some sesame seeds were sprinkled over the top before serving.

Teriyaki Sauce

1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/3 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion,
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh, minced Ginger
Pepper


1/4 Cup Cold Water
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.