Friday, May 9, 2014

Future Food

I have had so much fun getting ready for gardening season. Starting with looking at all the seed catalogs, deciding what to plant and ordering seeds. As soon as they arrived, I started many of the seeds so I would have healthy seedlings to plant. Then I built my two new raised beds and a new flower bed. Babying all those little seeds as they became seedlings made waiting for warmer weather a little more bearable. Finally the time came to transfer all those little seedlings and to plant the things that grow from seed.

I decided to expand my planting this year. In addition to the extra space, I am growing many things that I have never grown before. In the past I have grown mostly tomatoes, some herbs, cucumbers, carrots, peas and beans. 

This year's planting also included corn:




Melons, pumpkins, squash, zucchini, and a wider variety of herbs.





I bought the greenhouse a couple of months ago. So far it is still standing! It really gave me a lot more room to work with all the seed starters.




I order most all of my seeds from the following places:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.