Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week's Progress/Grocery Shopping

My leg is still hurting, but it is better. I tried to run yesterday and that is just not happening right now, no way, no how. The first step I took confirmed that for me. Oh well, I am now behind on my 5K training, but not giving up. I lost 1 lb. last week. I thought it would be a little more than that, but a pound is a pound so I will take it!

I went grocery shopping with my SIL last night. What a hoot that was. She had asked if we could go together since some of the foods I have been eating in my quest to be healthier she was not familiar with. She is also wanting to start using coupons more and since she knows I try to use them whenever I can, she wanted some tips. I am very organized about some things and she tends to go on all cylinders and is a tad forgetful. We met at the front of the store and I have my reusable shopping bags, my cloth produce bags and my coupon organizer. She has her wallet. And that is it, she forgot her coupons. Even after sending her husband to the store to get an extra paper. We went through the store and I showed her what I was buying and showed her where some new (to her) things were and told her how to prepare them. She was game to a point but there was no convincing her to get ground turkey or to try edamame.

The healthier I am eating, the harder I am finding it to be able to use coupons. I have been making my own tomato sauces, salad dressings and as many other things as I can. Most of my shopping is done in the produce/organic/meat and baking aisle. Not too many coupons there! I did manage to save $15.85 in coupons though and even was nice enough to share some of my coupons with my SIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.