Monday, March 7, 2011

Upping the Fitness Goals

I had such a great time with my SIL this weekend. We got together because she was wanting to know more about some of the changes I have made in my eating, especially regarding the weight loss. It is a little weird that the scale isn't really moving that much but my clothes are fitting differently. I am able to wear shirts that I haven't been able to wear in a long time and I have to wear a belt with almost all my jeans. I like that they are baggy, but I hate wearing a belt. Anyway I told her one of the absolute important things that I have been doing is planning all of my meals and snacks for an entire week at a time. That saves me some money at the grocery store and since I know what I am eating I am not tempted to run out for fast food just because there is "nothing to eat". We also spent some time talking about exercising and I told her my goal of participating in a 5K before the end of the year. Every April Nashville hosts the Music City Marathon. To get kids involved and excited about fitness, many schools participate in the "kid's marathon". They log miles at school with a sponsor and then they complete their last mile downtown on race day. Both my niece and nephew are participating this year. When I told her my goal she thought that sounded doable and would help keep us accountable so we challenged each other to do the From Couch to 5K program. We are both a little competitive so hopefully this will keep up on the training schedule. As we were talking we decided this would be a great thing for the whole extended family to do so we called and challenged my in-laws too. We are all in our own homes trying to live healthier lives. Jenny and I set the goal for the entire family to be able to compete in a 5K together before the end of the year as a healthy family.

One thing that I have really focused on is getting out of the mindset of skinny vs. fat. My goal isn't to be skinny or to not be fat, my goal is to replace all my unhealthy habits with healthy ones and I am really trying to change the way I think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.