Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday

I am happy to say that I made it through Day 3 of my Couch to 5K training. My SIL is too funny, we have made this into a competition, not to see who runs the fastest or anything like that, just a competition to actually do it. I get home earlier than she does so after I did mine I texted her to tell her I was finished. When she got home she said she went straight downstairs and did it before doing anything else. Even though she was tired and wanted to not run/walk, she wasn't about to let me get a day ahead of her in training! That's great, I think I may have stumbled onto the perfect motivation here.

Day 3 had us walking for 5 minutes, jogging for 2 minutes and then walking for 5 minutes. I didn't stretch very well evidently. The walk was fine but I could not make it to 2 minutes at a jog. Could. Not. Do. It. My legs were cramping so I stopped at 1 min and 37 seconds because I could not go on any more. I did finish up with the 5 minute walk though. I sat down and rested for about 15 minutes then got up, stretched some more and did it again. I walked 5, jogged 2 and then walked for 5 more. I knew Jenny would get it done and I had the same response, I didn't want her to get a day ahead of me, not this early in the game.

My eating has been very healthy and the scale has started a favorable downward move again and that makes me happy and helps keep me motivated. Today is a rest day on the training program, but that is just a rest from the walking/running. One the days I am not doing that I am doing some weight training exercises for my arms and about 20-25 minutes of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.