Saturday, September 30, 2017

Mushroom Rigitoni



We have gotten to the point that we eat meatless dinners about every other night. One of us would prefer that we do it even more often and more vegan, but I can't stand the thought of no cheese! This is a recipe I have been making for a while and we both really like it. I always make it meatless, but you could add some cooked Italian Sausage if you wanted.

Mushroom Rigatoni
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup chopped shallots 
4-5 minced garlic cloves
1 lb mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1/2 cup white wine
1 (28 0z) can tomato sauce
1 (14 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 lb rigatoni, cooked according to package directions 
Parmesan cheese

Heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms, cooking 3-4 minutes, until veggies have softened and released their juices. Add wine and cook until evaporated 2-3 minutes. Add tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook 4-5 minutes. Stir in cream, simmer uncovered 2 minutes. Miz cooked pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.