Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Fettuccine Alfredo



We love pasta! In fact, I think I could eat pasta at most meals and be a happy girl. I haven't made an alfredo sauce in a while so I decided tonight was the night. I didn't make the pasta though, I relied on a box to get dinner on the table quicker. I did make the sauce and that is the most important part. I started by grilling some chicken, seasoned with some roasted garlic and then sauteed some mushrooms and spinach. While the pasta cooked, I started my sauce and then combined everything as I plated it.

Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.