Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pizza Seasoning

I normally make and can my own pizza sauce, but since I go through it pretty quick, I like to keep this back up seasoning handy. If you have read the posts below, you have seen some of the other spice mixes that I have made for my Dad to try. Today, I will share my pizza seasoning mix that I like to keep on hand.

Pizza Seasoning

1/2 cup oregano
1/2 cup basil
1/2 cup garlic powder
1/2 cup dried onion flakes
1/4 cup thyme
2 tablespoons fine sea salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons crushed fennel seed

Combine all ingredients and store in an air-tight jar.

To make the pizza sauce, add 1-2 tablespoons of the mix, 2 teaspoons olive oil and 2 cups of tomato sauce. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.


Like most of my mixes, you can use this for far more than just pizza sauce. It is my go to seasoning mix for most of my tomato sauce based recipes. A small amount mixed with butter and then spread on bread makes a great accompaniment for lasagna or spaghetti.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.