Monday, February 10, 2014

Cupcake Fun



We are huge fans of The Walking Dead here at my house and last night was the midseason premier so I decided to have a little fun with some cupcakes. My goal originally was to color some of the icing red, but I had not one drop of any kind of red coloring. Instead of frosting is some mashed raspberries, which tasted so good!

I love to bake, but with just the two of us, I ended up throwing out the last of something or we ate too much of it. I have been making smaller portions, like individual pies from this post or using my freezer. After baking cupcakes, and letting them cool completely, I will put them on a plate and stick them in the freezer until they are firm, then place them in freezer bags, then I can pull out just enough for dessert for the two and maybe an extra to pack in lunch the next day. This way, we can still enjoy dessert a couple of times a week.

I bought the knives at Halloween. I'll let you know a little secret.....I have a HUGE collection of sprinkles, candy decorations, and other things to decorate cakes of cookies. I have them for every single  holiday and in just about every shape and color that you can imagine. I just can't pass them up when I see them. When the stores first put out their holiday decorations, the first thing I look at is the baking section to see if they have sprinkles that I don't have yet. I store all of my spices in tins on the side of the fridge and a lot of my decorations end up on there too. Here is a peek, I love seeing all the different colors! I love to play around when I am decorating cookies or cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.