Friday, May 24, 2013

CSA Basket and a recipe


In this week's basket, we received two kinds of lettuce, some mint, a bag of spinach leaves, onions, strawberries and kale. I know I will be making a strawberry spinach salad this week, these strawberries are delicious.  I had planned on buying eggs when I picked up my share this week, but I forgot to take cash with me so I will have to wait until next week to get my fresh eggs. 

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Dressing:
2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar (or white vinegar)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients together. I usually add everything to a mason jar then add a lid and shake it to mix it all together. It is easy to pour and then store in the fridge. 

Salad:
10 - 12 ounces fresh spinach leaves torn into pieces
1 quart of strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Combine all the salad ingredients into a bowl. You can pour the dressing over the entire salad and serve or let each person add their own at the table. I normally make extra salad for our lunches the next day so I don't usually dress the entire salad because it tends to not be as good the next day. If we have people over and know that it will probably be eaten, I do go ahead and dress the entire salad.

1 comment:

  1. Toward the later part of each month I like to adventure out and stop in at some different blogs...This time I took the list off of canning group with facebook.
    There is a thing called Bountiful baskets...Which is 15 dollars for the non organic and 25 dollars for the organic ones.
    I'm guessing it same thing as your CSA. If you google Bountiful basket you would fine out.
    Strawberries and Spinach is a great combo. My strawberries have lot blooms and now there forming green strawberries.
    Stop on by for some coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.