Saturday, March 10, 2012

Vanilla Extract



It interesting, since I have been eating more and more real foods I have found out how easy some things are to make. For instance, here is the vanilla extract I made. Simple as pie too, vanilla beans and vodka. I let it sit for about eight weeks before I started using it. the color is actually a little richer than it looks in this photo, I had it sitting on the counter when I was making a cake this afternoon and thought it looked pretty with the sun hitting it. 

You can kind of see my little kitchen herbs there in the window too. I have been working on redoing the kitchen and every thing is red and yellow. I found dome little tin buckets in the right colors and planted some herbs in them. They look cute sitting there in the window and just adds another pop of color to the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.