Friday, June 4, 2010

Craft Night Dilemma

Tonight is our monthly Craft Night at church. Of course we have fun being crafty and visiting, but we also snack through out the evening. Yummy dips and chips, chocolate in many forms, sods, you know all the good stuff! I decided to make things that would help me make good decisions while I am there and not tempt me too much. I love dips of all kids and I love them dearly. Nothing tempts me more than fried chicken or some kind of dip. So I replaced my spinach dip with homemade hummus and fresh vegetables for dipping. The gooey chocolate and other sweets were replaced with strawberries lightly dipped in chocolate and some grapes. That cheese ball looking thing isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but it was made with fat free cream cheese, half the pecans and all white chicken breast. And here is what it looked like:

I might still have a small sampling of what some of the other ladies bring, but I did plan ahead so that most of what I eat would be healthy choices. I am learning that this lifestyle does require planning, but by doing that planning, I have found it very easy to stick to. 

And for any of my friends that read this blog, yes that is celery on that platter! Anyone that remotely knows me knows that I absolutely detest celery in every way. I don't like the way it smells, I don't like the way it sounds when people eat it, I don't like the way it tastes. Basically celery is an affront to all of my senses! I bought precut carrots and they didn't have any without celery, that's why is is there, but I know some people do like it so it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.