Thursday, June 29, 2017

Sesame Chicken and Egg Rolls





I am always on the search for new recipies that help me not miss eating out.  I miss Chinese Food quite a bit. I've gone through lots of recipies, keeping some, tossing some, tweaking most of them and I have managed to recreate some of our favorites. Egg rolls are really simple to make, but it took me a while to get the rolling technique mastered. I think I am almost there!


To make my egg rolls, I buy a bag of the preshredded cole slaw mix. I take a pound of ground pork, season with garlic powder and powdered ginger and cook until done; drain and mix with the cabbage and carrot mix. Follow the directions on the egg roll packaging for assembling the egg rolls.

If you want to change them up a bit, you could make all veggie, use ground chicken or chopped shrimp. A bag of coleslow, a pound of meat and a pack of egg roll wrappers makes about 18-20 egg rolls. I freeze any extras and take them straight from the freezer to the fryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.