Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chicken Sausages


About a year ago, my friend Judy mentioned wanting to make sausage like her Dad used to make. I told her that I had the grinding and sausage stuffing attachments for my Kitchen Aid mixer and that we could do it at my house. I had these attachments, I received them as a wedding gift and they had been unused for about seven years! We had such a great time, and it was fun listening to Judy tell her daughters about making sausage with her dad while she was growing up. We have done it a couple of times now, and I am pretty confident in my Italian sausage making skills. 

I have seen a lot of recipes online for different chicken sausages and decided to try and make that on my own. I started with boneless chicken breasts and ground the meat before adding the rest of the ingredients. Once everything was mixed together, I started stuffing the mixture into the casing.




And here is my final product:



You can find the recipe that I used here. They were very good and I would make them again, but next time, I think I would increase the seasonings buy just a little bit, only because we like a little more kick. 

To serve these, I cut them into individual size pieces, sauteed some onions and peppers and served on sub rolls. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. yum we love to make our own sausage also...never thought about chicken sausage..good idea...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.