Friday, February 24, 2012

Soup for Lunch



I love soup and could eat it every day, including breakfast! Samantha enjoys eating it almost as much as I do and she also enjoys helping make it. I decided to make soup for her lunch the other day. SO she has soup in the thermos, some assorted cheese cubes and bread in the yellow tier and a fruit salad with blueberries, grapes and oranges in the blue tier.

Since I have switched to eating almost all real food prepared by me we have pretty much given up ramen noodle soup. I still like those little curly noodles on occasion so I decided to make a soup with a healthier base and then just add the noodles in the pack. I saw on Weelicious a couple of weeks ago that she did something very similar. I made my soup using the ingredients that I had on hand and things that I know Samantha and I both really like. I don't have exact measurements because I was using what was left. I started with some chicken stock from my freezer. To that I added some minced garlic, a couple of tablespoons of chopped onion, a couple of tablespoons of miso, some sliced portobello mushrooms and a couple of handfuls of chopped spinach. After that cooked for a little bit, I added the noodles (and tossed the seasoning pack) and cooked long enough for them to soften up. It was very good, I got to have some curly noodles, and by adding the veggies, I was able to make it a little healthier and more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.