Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Bento Box Lunch


Well this was my first attempt at making bento boxes for lunch. I went on a field trip with Samantha and packed us both one. She has been looking at different websites and You Tube videos with me so she was very excited about having lunch this way. I had told her that was what I would be bringing her, but did not tell her what would be in there. I think, jusdging by her reaction, she was happy with the results!


It looks like a ton of food, and there is a lot of variety, but not a lot of each item. I started out with homemade sushi and threw in a few extra shrimp and the remainder of a crab stick that was in the sushi. There is a salad with broccoli, mushrooms, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes. A couple of pieces of pepperjack cheese cut into Halloween shapes and and a fruit cup with raspberries, blueberries, kiwi and a piece of starfruit. And after running around a farm for a couple of house, she was really ready for her lunch and ate most of it. It was also nice having no trash to throw away, except the drink container.

I had considered looking for and buying actual bento boxes, but found these locking containers at Wal-Mart in two different sizes. I am happy with them , the price was much better that special ordering from the internet and they worked out very well.

On the weight loss front: I am kind of stuck. I haven't gained, but I am not loosing right now. I know I have been eating out too much and that is definitely a pitfall for me. I also haven't been exercising very much either, other than trying to get as many extra steps in every day as I can. Since we moved the furniture around downstairs, the treadmill hasn't really been useable, but I am hoping to remedy that by the end of the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.