Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pimento Cheese

I used to think that I did not like pimento cheese. Not sure why, but it might have had something to do with the fact that my Dad liked pimento cheese stuffed celery. The addition of celery to anything pretty much ruins it for me! One day a friend offered me some that she made at home. That was pretty tasty! She used this recipe, and gave it to me. I have made it several times and have come up with a version that we really like at my house.

Gathering all the ingredients:



All mixed up:




Pimento Cheese 

1 block of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 block of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 block of Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded (pepper jack is also great)
1 cup mayo
1 jar of pimentos, drained
1/4 cup onion grated (including the juice)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs lemon juice

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.


****I have found that grating my own cheese for this recipe results in a much smoother and creamier spread and Kip and I both prefer it if I grate it vs. using already shredded cheeses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.