Monday, July 14, 2014

Skillet Corn


I love fresh corn on the cob. One of our favorite ways to eat it is to just shuck it, season it,wrap in foil and toss it on the grill. Kip isn't as crazy about corn on the cob as I am so when I have fresh corn, I try to look for other ways of using it. Skillet corn is one of those things I will make when he has had his fill of corn cobs.

You will need 4-6 ears of corn, some butter, milk, flour, coarse ground pepper and onion. Shuck and clean the corn; cut it off the cob. 



Melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Dice the onions and add to the melted butter.

Cook until the onions are softening and just starting to brown.




Add the corn to the onions in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.




After the corn has cooked for a bit, add about 1/2 cup of milk and a couple of tablespoons of flour. Cook until the milk thickens. 



Season with coarse ground pepper and salt if desired.

1 comment:

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.