Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dehydrated Pineapple



My dehydrator has really been getting a workout lately! I used to only use it to make jerky every once in a blue moon, but in the past six months or so I have been dehydrating lots more fruit and vegetables. I found pineapple on sale last week and bought a couple of them. After peeling them, I sliced them pretty thin and put them in the dehydrator. I love how these turned out, they are so pretty. I will eat them as snacks and some will probably be chopped to add to granola. 

One thing I have been doing is looking for marked down vegetables at the grocery store. The store I shop at most will mark them as a "manager's special" the day or day before the sale by date. When I am lucky enough to find mushrooms and other things like that I will purchase them and dehydrate them to be added to soups later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.